TN EMIS School Portal: Recently Tamil Nadu government came up with an idea to improve the quality of the education system of the state by introducing an official portal named Educational Management Information System (EMIS). TN EMIS School portal will help the school to create a database related to all the activities of the school. The school administration, teachers and students will be part of the TN EMIS School Portal.
In this, students and teachers need to log in for the accessibility of the school portal. The procedure for logging into the TN EMIS School Portal is explained in the article. The teachers, students and parents should check the article for more information. TN EMIS School portal provides all the information of the specific school and creates the School profile for detailed information about the school. All the Tamil Nadu schools will be listed in the TN EMIS School Portal.
TN EMIS School Portal
In this portal, every Tamil Nadu school is provided with eight digits unique id. This unique id is used to create the USER id and password of the specific school. The students and teachers are also integrated into the portal by registering them. The school administration registers the teacher by creating their login id whereas teachers register the students.
In the TN EMIS portal, all the information related to school is provided. This information can be related to the school building or teacher-related information or student attendance or any other related thing. We have tabulated the EMIS portal information in the given table.
|Name of the portal||Educational Management Information System (EMIS)|
|Name of the State||Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiaries||Teachers and students of the state|
|Objective||Inclusion of E-learning in the education system|
|Category for login||Students and teachers|
EMIS portal beneficial points
This portal has provided many benefits to the education system of Tamil Nadu. It has created a centralised database for the school to improve the learning of the students as well as teachers. It has also improved the administration and infrastructure of the schools. The other benefits of the portal are provided in the table.
- This portal provides the database of the students, teachers, staff members, non-staff members and other school-related details.
- It provides all the Tamil Nadu school profiles which help with the revaluation of schools for the admission of new students, recruitment of teachers and most importantly pictures of the image of the school.
- It has opened an e-learning platform where students and teachers can use other means for simplified learning.
- The school timetable, syllabus, important notifications, curriculum and the attendance of the students are also updated in the portal.
- The students of the school can also register themselves in the portal with the help of the school administration.
- Personal career improvement can be tracked by the students, teachers and school administration which helps them in their progress.
How to Register at TN EMIS Official Portal?
For registration, every school is provided with a unique id which is used by them to log in to the portal and upload all the related information. After the login id, the school can create its username and password and this will help to fill out all the data of the schools. The information can be uploaded by the school administration or by the designated officials for the working. This information creates the profile of the school and makes the work transparent. The list of officials and their prescribed work are given below.
- School Principal: The principal monitors the school infrastructure and the attendance of teachers and students.
- Chief Education Officer (CEO): The role of the CEO is to do an inspection of the district schools and monitor them accordingly.
- Block Education Officer (BEC): The Block Education Officer inspects and monitors all the block-level schools and updates related data in the EMIS portal.
- District Education Officer (DEO): The role of the DEO is to do an inspection of the district school. In their inspection, they provide a USER id and password to each district school. The principals of these schools update the data of the respective school and this data is then analysed by the DEO.
For the teachers and students, the school will provide the Unique id of the school. This id will be used by the student and teacher to register themselves in the portal.
Steps to login to the EMIS official portal
The process for login into the EMIS portal is simple. All the schools are provided with the unique id which is further used to update their USER id and password and this id and password are used to log in to the EMIS official portal. Here, we have also tabulated the steps to login into the EMIS portal.
- First, the candidate needs to navigate the Tamil Nadu Educational Management Information System (EMIS) Portal: https://emis.tnschools.gov.in/
- Candidates can also download the EMIS app named TN-EMIS.
- On the home page of the EMIS website, candidates need to fill out the user name and the password and tap on “log in”.
- The EMIS dashboard will appear on your screen and you can access any data in the given portal.
TN EMIS School Portal: Important links
|Available link||EMIS official portal|
|Check here||PUONLINE Home Page|
Who provides the unique id to the schools for the EMIS portal?
The unique id is provided by the Education Ministry of the state.
How can students access the EMIS portal and make their own id?
The process for making students part of the portal will be done by the school teacher or administration.
How does this portal help teachers in their professional and educational updates of skills?
This portal also provides an e-learning platform where teachers can diversify their teaching methods and also go through lectures which are only made for teachers.
What is the late date for login into the EMIS portal?
There is no such end date for the login registration. Students and teachers can log in to the account according to the school administration updates.