The Banaras Locomotive Works offers a special opportunity to the youth of the region to enroll themselves for the BLW Varanasi Apprentice Recruitment. The posts available in the department are for ITI and non-ITI posts. BLW Varanasi is a production unit of the Indian Railways that focuses on the production and development of rail locomotives. While the unit serves the locomotive’s needs of the nation, it also caters to the requirements of other countries such as Nepal, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Tanzania, Angola, Mali, Senegal, and Mozambique. Along with other production units and coach factories, BLW is concerned with the development of the Indian Railway Locomotive infrastructure.
BLW Varanasi Apprentice Recruitment
There are various kinds of posts available in the Department of Indian Railways. One of these is Apprentices. The Apprenticeship program of the Railways ensures the engagement of youth in prime departments such as Banaras Locomotive Works. Indian Railways Apprentice is selected on the basis of their qualifications from the Industrial Training Institute ITI or education achievements along with respective skills. The BLW Apprentice Recruitment 2022 was also conducted in order to recruit ITI and non-ITI vacancies for BLW Apprentice. A total of 374 vacancies were released in 2022.
As far as the Railway BLW Apprentice Recruitment 2021 is considered, the 374 vacancies included ITI Apprentice and Non-ITI Apprentice posts such as Fitter, Carpenter, Machinist, and more. All the details were released on the BLW Official Website. The aspirants had to fill out the online apprentice form 2021 at apprenticeship.gov.in 2021 portal and the authorities further prepared a BLW Varanasi Apprentice 2022 Merit List in order to make the selections. The recruitment procedures in years before for example, BLW Varanasi Apprentice 2020 have also proceeded in an identical manner.
BLW Varanasi Apprentice Recruitment: Highlights
The following overview of the recruitment of the 374 apprentice posts conducted in the year 2022 shall create a lucid comprehension of the process of the Railway BLW Apprentice Recruitment 2021:
|Name of the Recruitment||BLW Varanasi Apprentice|
|BLW Full Form||Banaras Locomotive Works|
|Year||2021 – 2022|
|Department||Banaras Locomotive Works BLW|
|Post||Apprentices under Apprentices Act 1961|
|Type of Post||ITI and Non-ITI|
|Application Process||Online Apprentice Form 2021|
|Selection Criteria||Preparation of BLW Merit List 2022|
BLW Vacancy 2021 of Indian Railways Apprentice
The authorities at Banaras Locomotive Works announced in 2021 that as per the BLW Act Apprentice.in, they desired to recruit BLW Varanasi Apprentice 2021. They declared that there are two kinds of Railway BLW Apprentice posts, ITI and Non-ITI. The ITI Apprentices are the ones that are recruited on the basis of their qualifications obtained at the Industrial Training Institute ITI while the Non-ITI ones are those who are recruited on the basis of scores and achievements in the Class 10 Examinations.
The distribution of the vacancies was made in an ensuing manner:
|S.No.||Name of Post||ITI Vacancies||Non-ITI Vacancies|
|5.||Welder (G & E)||45||11|
Reservations of BLW Railway Apprentice 2022 Recruitment
The posts mentioned above are further reserved by the authorities as per the rules and guidelines of the reservation specified by the authorities at the Government of India and followed by Banaras Locomotive Works. The apprentices are posted on the vacancies in their respective categories and the authorities also announce the recruitment accordingly. The reservation policy cannot be understood by considering the distribution of vacancies because the announced openings are subject to the availability of the posts of a particular category in a particular department.
The reservation of the posts is made on the basis of the following section percentage as allocated and fixed by the Railway Board in the community reservation letter:
- Scheduled Castes SC: 15%
- Scheduled Tribes ST: 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes OBC: 27%
- Economically Weaker Section: 10%
- In the case of Persons with Disabilities, the reservation is made on the total number of announced vacancies. 3% of total vacancies are reserved for the PWD section as per the Railway Board’s Letter.
Transfer of Reserved Vacancies
The recruitment of the Vacancies takes place and seldom, there is a situation where the vacancies are unrecruited due to the unavailability of qualified and eligible candidates. Thus, to make sure that the department recruits deserving candidates and the vacancies are also filled up, the authorities transfer the vacancies to other categories. Check the shuffle of vacancies from one category to another in the ensuing table:
|Vacancies in Category||Category Transferred to|
|Scheduled Caste SC||Scheduled Tribe ST|
|Scheduled Tribe ST||Scheduled Caste SC|
|Scheduled Caste SC or Scheduled Tribe ST||Other Backward Classes OBC or Unreserved UR|
|Other Backward Classes OBC||Unreserved UR|
|Economically Weaker Section EWS||Unreserved UR|
Eligibility Criteria for the Post of BLW Apprentice 2022
In order to be able to submit the Apprentice Form 2021, the candidates had to be eligible. If they were not eligible, they were not shortlisted to participate in the recruitment procedures and their name was not added to the merit list as per the BLW Act Apprentice 2022. The prospects who are seeking to get recruited for the post of Apprentice in Banaras Locomotive Works can check the specified eligibility conditions and accordingly apply after ensuring that they satisfy all the necessary conditions mentioned subsequently:
- The candidates who were seeking to apply for the BLW indianrailways gov in Vacancy 2021 for BLW Railways Apprentice in Varanasi must have passed Class 10th in a 10+2 system with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The educational qualifications should have been obtained from a recognised board of education.
- Prospects seeking recruitment for the ITI-based Apprentice Posts should have completed training at the Industrial Training Institute ITIs.
- Further, those who are seeking to get recruited on the Non-ITI based posts are not required to be trained at ITI and just have to be Class 10 pass.
- Aspirants who belong to the Persons with Disability Category must also satisfy the respective disability criteria as announced by the department.
- The candidates must have completed 15 years of age.
- The upper age limit for the Non-ITI posts and the ITI posts of Welder Trade and Carpenter have been announced as 22 years.
- For the ITI posts other than that of Welder Trade and Carpenter, the upper age limit has been declared as 24 years.
Furthermore, the upper age limit has been relaxed for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories. The following relaxation details were provided by the authorities for the indianrailways.gov.in recruitment 2020-21:
|1.||Scheduled Castes SC||5 Years|
|2.||Scheduled Tribes ST||5 Years|
|3.||Other Backward Classes OBC||3 Years|
|4.||Ex-Services who have completed at least 6 months and not more than 10 Years of service||Number of Years of Service + 3 Years|
|5.||Physically Handicapped Unreserved UR Candidates||10 Years|
|6.||Physically Handicapped Scheduled Castes SC Candidates||15 Years|
|7.||Physically Handicapped Scheduled Tribes ST Candidates||15 Years|
|8.||Physically Handicapped Other Backward Classes OBC Candidates||13 Years|
Documents Required for the BLW Apprentice Form 2021
The candidates who applied for the BLW Apprentice Form 2021 had to submit the ensuing documents while filling it out. Those who will fail to submit the necessary documents at the time of form application, will not be processed any further. Thus, it is vital that prospects possess the subsequently mentioned documents in the correct format which is JPG, JPEG, or BMP image falling within the size range of 100 KB to 200 KB:
- Apart from all the documents, the candidates will be required to submit their coloured passport in a JPG and the size of the file needs to be within the range of 20 KB to 50 KB.
- High School Certificate in order to verify the Date of Birth of the Candidate
- High School Mark Sheet or Result displaying the record of Marks
- Mark Sheet or Certificate of the Candidates as issued by the Industrial Training Institute ITI.
- For the Reserved Categories, the authorities have declared that the prospects will be required to submit the documents or certificates which will prove that they belong to the respective category. The certificate or the respective document must have been issued by a competent authority in the Government and the date of issuance must be after 1 July 2020.
- Physical Handicapped or Persons with Disability proof recognised by the Government of India, if applicable.
Railway Apprentice 2020 Apply Online Process
The prospects who are willing to apply online for the Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment will have to fill out the application the same way as the authorities declared for the Railway BLW Varanasi Apprentice Online Form 2021 at www.blw.indianrailways.gov.in. The candidates who are willing to apply must take note of a few points before they do so:
- Only one single application needs to be sent through the www.blw.indianrailways.gov.in or www.blwactapprentice.in portals.
- Nextly, the applicants will have to also submit the details of the application fee submitted by them.
- The authorities have specified that the candidates must keep at least 8 copies of the photo uploaded by the candidates.
- The department will also verify the original documents and thus, the candidates must keep them ready so as to be produced on short notice.
Apply for Indian Railway BLW Apprentice Recruitment 2022
Aspirants for the railway BLW Varanasi Apprentice 2021 post will have to apply for the procedure in the following manner:
- Open the official portal of the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW Varanasi Apprentice at blw.indianrailways.gov.in.
- On the Home Page, check the notification for the recruitment of the BLW Varanasi Apprentice.
- The application link will be provided by the authorities which shall open up at the Regional Directorates or Apprenticeship Training RDAT Website at www.apprenticeship.gov.in.
- They will have to register themselves on the portal and search for the Recruitment of the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW Varanasi Apprentice.
- The Online Railways Apprentice Application Form will open up on the screens of the candidates.
- Enter all the required details in the Apprentice Online Form.
- Nextly, upload the aforementioned and other required documents in the correct format and sizes.
- Further, the candidates will also have to pay the BLW Varanasi Apprentice Application Fees so that the applications get processed.
- Lastly, they will be required to Submit the application form after checking that all the details mentioned by them are correct. Additionally, they are also advised to Print the BLW Varanasi Apprentice Application Form for the purpose of reference in the future.
BLW Apprentice Railway 2021 Application Fee
While filling out the application form, the candidates will also be required to submit an application fee in order to get their applications processed and submitted. The candidates applying for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice will have to submit the fee amount in an online mode using debit cards, credit cards, or Internet banking options. The authorities, BLW Act Apprentice in, declared the amount as per the category of the candidates. The following amount was announced as the BLW Varanasi Apprentice Online Application Fee:
|S.No.||Category||BLW Varanasi Apprentice Application Fee|
|1.||Unreserved UR||Rs. 100|
|2.||Other Backward Classes OBC||Rs. 100|
|3.||Scheduled Caste SC||Rs. 0|
|4.||Scheduled Tribe ST||Rs. 0|
|5.||Economically Weaker Section EWS||Rs. 100|
|7.||Persons With Disabilities PWD||Rs. 0|
|8.||Women Candidates||Rs. 0|
BLW Varanasi Apprentice Selection Process
The authorities at the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW Varanasi will not conduct any examination for the purpose of selection. Rather, they will upload the list of selection of the candidates on the official portal of the department at blw.indianrailways.gov.in. Post the selection, the authorities will train the candidates and offer them a stipend based on the policies of the Indian Railways Apprentice and the performance of the candidates.
BLW Apprentice Merit List 2022
The authorities at the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW Varanasi will be preparing two separate merit lists for the Non-ITI and ITI posts. Based on the marks obtained in the Class 10 Examinations, ITI Training, and the Trade in which the candidate deals, they will try to prepare the selection lists accordingly. Finally, on the basis of the prepared list, they will declare which candidates have been recruited for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice in the department.
However, before declaring the final result, the authorities will invite the candidates for the verification of the uploaded documents. The applicants must note that neither Indian Railways nor the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW pays any sort of allowance to the candidates who will be travelling to the respected centre for the BLW Varanasi Apprentice Document Verification purpose.
Also check – BSNL Apprentice Recruitment 2023
BLW Result 2021 for Apprentice Application
The result of the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW Apprentice Recruitment as per the details of the post declared by the authorities was announced online. The BLW Varanasi Apprentice 2021 Result Date was arranged sometime after the winding up of the Railways Apprentice Application. The result is nothing but a finalised list of the candidates who were selected for the recruitment of the post of Non-ITI and ITI BLW Railway Apprentice. The same happened in the case of www.blw.indianrailways.gov.in Apprentice Result 2020. Thus, for any BLW Varanasi Apprentice Recruitment, the authorities follow a similar way.
BLW Varanasi Apprentice Training and Stipend
The candidates are not recruited directly. They will have to go through the training in the trade applied for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice. The authorities have also declared that they will not recruit any candidate who has not registered themselves on the Regional Directorates or Apprenticeship Training RDAT Website at www.apprenticeship.gov.in. The selected candidates will have to sign a contract with the authorities and further comply with the conditions of the contract.
Selected prospects will be trained by the authorities as per the duration specified by the National Council on Vocational Training NCVT or State Council of Vocational Training SCVT. Moreover, in exchange for the services of the candidates as BLW Varanasi Apprentice, the authorities at the Banaras Locomotive Works BLW under the Indian Railways will also pay a certain amount as a stipend. This amount will be decided by the Railway Board.
|Official Portal||Banaras Locomotive Works|
|Apprenticeship Registration Website||Regional Directorates or Apprenticeship Training RDAT|
|Download||2021 – 2022 BLW Varanasi Apprentice Recruitment Notification pdf|
BLW Varanasi Apprentice is basically the post of Apprentices that the Indian Railways recruit at the Banaras Locomotive Works, Varanasi which is the production unit of the Railways locomotives.
The full form of BLW is Banaras Locomotive Works.
There are two categories of posts that are recruited under the BLW Varanasi Apprentices Recruitment. These are ITI posts and Non-ITI posts. The posts are based on the trades of the job which can be a Fitter, Carpenter, Painter (Gen), Machinist, Welder (G&E), or Electrician.
The aspirants for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice can apply for the respective Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment on the official portal of the department at blw.indianrailways.gov.in.
The minimum age limit for the Railway Apprentices in Banaras Locomotive Works has been declared as 15 Years of age.
Yes, the candidates who will get recruited for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice will receive an amount as a stipend which will be decided by the Railway Board.
The duration for training for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice has not been specified by Banaras Locomotive Works. The duration is decided by the National Council on Vocational Training NCVT or State Council of Vocational Training SCVT
The authorities at Banaras Locomotive Works will prepare a merit list of the applicants based on their applications, marks secured in the Class 10 Examination, ITI Training Qualifications, Category, and Trade of the post. Finally, they will call the candidates for Document Verification. Lastly, the candidates who will clear all stages of the selection process will be recruited for the post of BLW Varanasi Apprentice. The result will be declared online on the official portal of the department.